Thursday, February 14, 2008

Too orangey for crows..

So my battle with the MacBook Air continues. So lets recap
  • Migration assistant failed leaving the Air in an undetermined state
  • Remote Disk re-install of the O/S caused the Air to "sad mac"
  • Purchased a SuperDrive which allowed me to re-install the O/S
  • Further failures of the migration assistant
I tried one final O/S install and migrate last night. Left it running at midnight, with it saying it needed 7.5 hours... thinking that it may not be finished in time for me to take to work.

Wake up this morning with low expectations... but I was wrong, the migration succeeded! On first inspection, all appears to be Ok except for Microsoft Office 2004. Per the 80's UK advertisement for an Orange Drink called Kia Ora, I think Microsoft Office is just too orangey for the new MacBook Air...

No comments: